Wednesday, November 14, 2007

He Has Made Everything Beautiful in Its Time

As I drove in the driveway this afternoon I couldn't help but notice the beautiful colors in our yard. Because of the drought, it had seemed as if we wouldn't see those vibrant colors fall usually brings to the Carolinas. But today they were there! God's goodness is all around.
"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11
The red maples stand out against the other colors.
All year long we watch the squirrels playing in these oak trees. The acorns are everywhere, crunching under the leaves as we walk across the yard.
The sweet potato vine (right) that I planted last spring has almost taken over the fence. I think it's trying to make a break for the woods!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey! Beautiful!

Adam and Natalie said...

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Susan,
I was fooling around on Google and found your blog.
I don't know if you remember me, but I was in your youth group at Notthingham. Pastor Scott use to call me SALT. Yes, it is Shelly Lemponen, well it is Krull now.
I would love to get back in touch with you. Here is my email address: krull5@wowway.com Send me an email if you get a chance.

cynthialaurenthorpe said...

Hey ~ If there's already 'another Cindy' ~ would any of the Renstrom's mind if THIS Cindy (ie: the one that Scott baptized at Nottingham! tee~hee ... who is NOW LIVING IN AUSTRALIA) mind if I gave you guys my email address?????????? In front of Jesus ~ I was praying for you ALL today an' listening to a Swindoll tape series on Christ at the Crossroads (old tape series! smiles) and in the middle of the tape ~ the Lord says: Google Daniel!!! OHMYGOODNESS. I COULDN'T STOP CRYING FOR 1/2 HOUR!!!
I love you guys.
Cindy! *YES, it IS ME!!! YAHOO!!!!

cynthialaurenthorpe said...

but, don't worry.......I've wiped my tears of JOY and sent an email to Bret to 'google Daniel' and I can't WAIT (yes, I can do ALL THINGS through HE who strengthens me!!!) till I hear from you ALL.

Susan. Your words are beautiful ~ as always.
Your Sister in Jesus 'downunder'! (wowie~! jus' WAIT TIL YOU HEAR WHAT JESUS HAS DONE..........! warm heartfelt smiles to you and yours.
Cindy (used to be, Minarik)Thorpe
in Kingston SE, South Australia
(tending to angus cattle and suffolk sheep with my husband, Ian!)