Sunday, October 14, 2007

Happy Birthday, Daniel








Daniel turned 28 last Friday, October 12. How we remember the night he was born. We were living in Nashville, and Scott was a youth pastor. About ten teenagers were in our home that Thursday evening. When I realized that our baby might be soon to arrive, I started hinting that it might be time for everyone to go home. Soon after they left, we too left for Baptist Hospital. In the early morning hours, around 6 a.m., Dr. Levine delivered Daniel. He was our firstborn and how thrilled we were to be his parents!

In looking through some pictures of Daniel when he was a baby, I came across the one I've posted here. It occurs to me that this might explain some things. Those of you who know Daniel well know that he doesn't like getting dressed up. Well, maybe it's my fault. I miust have scarred him with outfits like this!

On his birthday last Friday we all met in Greensboro and had dinner together. Adam came with Daniel, Danielle and Bennett, but we missed having Greta and Natalie there. (Hope you two are having fun in Idaho with Nat's family. We miss you but are glad you're getting to spend time there. Hurry home. We hear Greta is starting to turn over!) Leigh Anna drove down from Lynchburg and Megan Lewis, her best friend, came along too. Megan is just like a member of the family, so it was fun to have her there. After dinnner at Outback we went to a nearby Starbucks, then we all headed home in our separate directions. It was so fun being together, though. We'll take the opportunity every chance we get!



3 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

That picture is Bennett with a bow! Yes, we were sorry to miss the shindig and show off all of Greta's new tricks, but we'll see you all soon!

Courtney said...

I miss you!!! Will you come stay with us again and visit longer? Much love to you and Mr. R!

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I love to hear stories of births! I agree, Bennett looks like her dad!